Purpose of Santaka Valley – to create an integrated science, study and business centre for public and private research, knowledge-intensive businesses, and to provide added-value services.
Santaka Valley coordinates production of technologies and their commercialisation, while also starts-up and develops businesses, attracts necessary investments.
Santaka Valley can be characterised by its ideal conditions for businesses to carry out research and develop new products, which increase Lithuania's competitiveness at the international level.
Association Santakos Slėnis ( Santaka Valley) unites and integrates activities of 4 largest research and study institutions of Kaunas : Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuanian Energy Institute and 2 business companies: Achema Group and Kauno Tiltai at the science and business valley "Santaka"
KTU Rector prof. Eugenijus Valatka is the president of Association Santakos slėnis.
The aim of association is to carry out interdiciplinary scientific and aplied research,to create proper conditions for high-quality research services to businesses , to coordinate technology development and its commercialization by helping to start-up and develop business companies, and to attract the necessary investment.
Kaunas science and Technology Park (Kaunas STP)future energy, sustainable chemistry and biopharmacy, mechatronics and electronic technologies, information and communication technologies.
Companies at Kaunas STP:
- Energetikos projektai, UAB The company operates in electronic equipment manufacturing, design, and consulting. Engineers offers innovative solutions for data transfer, studies of power transmission lines, connects power stations with grid.
- Singletonas, UAB Team of young software developers creates IoT based software for smart houses. The company has gained recognition from Scandinavian businesses while developing smart radiator which adapts to the users’ preferences and smart post-box.
- Rubedo sistemos, UAB Company designs and integrates innovative computer vision and unmanned missioning technology for business needs. The team is focused on R&D projects and the quality of engineering processes.
- Softneta, UAB Innovative IT company focuses on specialized health care software, medical images, and data transfer solutions for a better health care assurance. The company sales their products such as MedDream software, DICOM files viewer, medical videos software and more products in more than 30 countries in the world.
- Vittamed, UAB "Vittamed" is a neurodiagnostics medical device company with offices in Kaunas, Lithuania and Boston, USA. The company has developed a suite of ultrasound-based devices to non-invasively measure the absolute value of intracranial pressure (ICP), real-time cerebral blood flow autoregulation (CA), and intracranial volumetric wave monitoring. The non-invasive diagnostic methods have been clinically tested and proven in leading neuro centers in Europe and the United States.
- Gruppo FOS Lithuania, UAB Company is working in R&D, Biomedical engineering, Electronics, Technology Transfer areas. Also it works in partnership with leading Italian and Lithuanian research institutions in joint laboratories.
- Sonaro, UAB Company works in developing innovative web and cloud-based technology solutions. The team consists of design, consumer behaviour, programming and project management professionals.
- Energy Advice, UAB Company offers in-house trainings for engineers, power system modelling and fault analysis software EA-PSM, electrical power system studines, simulation and analysis tool Eagle 61850.
- Eteam, UAB Company is engaged in development of real-time user monitoring technologies andt other innovativer services for the US. It also develops virtual and augmented reality (VR & AR) projects.
- DETRA Solar, UAB Mechanical equipment, design and manufacturing company. UAB Aksonas was established on December 13, 2005, gathering together the staff with over ten years experience in industrial equipment design, automation, manufacturing and exploitation.
- Fidens, MB Company uses vibrational methodologies to relieve the symptoms of circulatory disorders. Company’s goal is to develop simple, safe, widely applicable, cost-effective products providing unique treatment methodologies. The team develops medical devices stimulating human circulation in hands and feet through mechanical oscillations, also they create smart ball able to reduce hand tremors.
- Dirba.lt, UAB The company is engaged in developing a website for job search, as well as web application development and web services. The product is developed in Lithuania, Republic of South Africa, Nigeria, Pakistan, Singapore, New Zealand.
- 10 10 hipermedija, UAB Company develops innovative solutions for visual communication, creates adaptive websites, interactive Facebook apps and HTML5 web banners
- Rivosana, UAB Company operates in designing and building medical devices from scratch. Also, company works on research and experimental development. Currently it is developing non-invasive glucose meter.
The following research institutes and centres are located in the Valley:
Information Systemof Open AccessCentres
Information Systemof Open AccessCentres
National Innovations and Entrepreneurship Centre (NIVC) is open to all scientists, researchers, students, and entrepreneurs. NIVC unites and integrates activities of science and business valleys "Santaka" and "Nemunas". Our aim is to create proper conditions for high-quality research services to businesses by employing the Single Window principle, thus making the interaction between research and business more effective.
A similarly relevant area of activity is the coordination of technology development and its commercialization by helping to start-up and develop business companies, and to attract the necessary investment.
Information System of Open Access Centres (APCIS)
NIVC offers scientists, researchers, studends, and entrepreneurs to have an access to services and equipment provided by Open Access Centres of Santaka Valley:
Project participants - 4 largest research and study institutions(establishers of Open Access Centres in Santaka Valley) of Kaunas,and business companies - partners: